Friday, August 31, 2007

Week 6: Thing 15: Library 2.0

This was just a reaffirmation that Libraries need to keep up with the times and integrate technology-driven services into their offerings. Sometimes I feel like a throw-back because I just like to pick up and read an actual book. I'm not looking forward to the time when people read books electronically. I think it will mess up people's visions. It's probably more environmentally-friendly if you need less paper, and therefore cut down less trees, however I really like the feel and smell of a good book. It's great to be able to bring a book in bed with you. It's highly portable and doesn't require a battery. With the move toward greater use of technology, I sincerely hope that the actual books themselves don't become obsolete.

No comments: